Let’s face the truth - not all students are good at writing. This becomes problematic even about children who write essays and other assignments at school, but when the time comes to go to college, the problem gets more important. Why so? Schools urge much simpler writing; colleges and universities require more serious work and research. Writing in school and college is different.
Essays can be of various kinds, mostly descriptive, argumentative, expository, or persuasive. This article provides valuable assistance by sharing our easy argumentative essay topics for college students. Why is it valuable? You can use our list of ideas to develop your own argumentative topics, use this information, making a high-quality paper on one of best argumentative essay topics we suggest. Experts of our service have developed this content to give you inspiration and help find a proper subject of your assignment, be it some social discipline, life sciences, social media research, education, or public health. Take your time to view our recommendations. They will become a handy how-to guide boosting your writing skills, increasing your academic performance.
Definition of Argumentative Essay
Following the definition of OWL Purdue, an authoritative writing source with much guidance and advice, argumentative essays represent a special genre of writing requiring thorough investigation of argumentative topic, evidence collection, and evaluation, developing a viewpoint and proving it concisely. Some students confuse argumentative essays with expository writing assignments. They are different in terms of research depth. An argumentative essay type and its topics require much more effort and preliminary research; expository writing may involve much less thereof.
No matter the topic that you are exploring in your argumentative essay, following principles of the structure should be maintained to get a decent degree.
- Develop a strong thesis statement. Make it concise and clear, narrowly focused and associated with your assignment topic; it should be logically connected to all content in your essay body.
- Take care of smooth, cohesive flow of information. Most importantly, transitions should be present between essay’s three major parts – introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Provide sufficient evidence to support your viewpoint. Just saying that something or somebody is valid is not enough; an argument won’t be accepted by your audience. You should convince readers in your rightness, which is the main premise of essay’s successful completion of its purpose.
- Get the most from your conclusion. Most sources recommend simply restating thesis and major ideas voiced in the text, but we want you to go further by rereading the thesis in light of provided evidence. Such approach will show that you have really worked closely with your sources and facts, and have grown in terms of deeper understanding of the subject by the end of work on argumentative topic.
Argumentative Essay Writing Steps
Each school, college, or university assignment should pass some stages before it is complete; most works of essay length follow the same procedure. Phases your argumentative essay should cover before submission to supervisor are as follows.
- Make sure you understand argumentative topic correctly and can narrow it down to workable thesis statement.
- Conduct preliminary research online or at the library to see what’s actual and topical; this will help you to stick to a really interesting, original topic.
- Develop thesis statement to defend throughout entire essay.
- Formulate 3-5 major arguments logically flowing from the thesis statement to construct paper’s body, organize them by significance.
- Find authoritative sources to support each argument and develop paragraphs.
- Check whether your introduction corresponds to content of body paragraphs and topic sentences tie logically to thesis statement.
- All is ready - it’s high time to compose a conclusion. Restate main ideas, remind readers about initial purpose and message of work, and make references to a broader context of researched issue based on provided evidence.
- Complete a well-formatted, correct reference list of your paper.
Best Argumentative Essay Topics
By following the procedure and tips we have discussed above, you can really move forward smoothly and achieve great outcomes that your supervisor will appreciate. After mechanics got clear, what about topic selection? This is many students’ stumbling block, hard to overcome and taking too much working time. We are here to help! Look though the following list of easy argumentative essay topics for college students on a variety of disciplines. Choose one of best argumentative essay topics you like most, and to compose a striking A+ grade paper on it.
- Parenting is not as easy as many people think.
- Nature-born leaders are very skilled in establishing relationships and influencing change - they can motivate people to achieve new complicated goals.
- Women soldiers are more prone to PTSD development.
- High taxes cause an excessive psychological burden on family providers.
- The majority of homeless veterans in the USA and Canada are those with mental disorders, which requires a conceptually different approach to handling veteran health.
- Injuries have a psychological impact on victims.
- Stress at work is underestimated in terms of its long-lasting negative impact on individuals’ psychological health.
- Generation Xers are hardly subject to training.
- Parental incarceration plays a far-reaching role in children’s lives and affects them adversely.
- Arts should be taught at school starting from primary grades to develop students as holistic personalities with an aesthetic taste.
- Online learning is not better than traditional learning in classroom; its major benefit is only in accessibility - students cannot communicate with tutor face-to-face.
- Religion is instrumental in child upraising.
- Parental engagement in teaching children reading should be more intense.
- Intense use of social media by teenagers harms their academic progress; describe the consequences, methods to avoid them.
- Transgender children still experience challenges at schools.
- Social stories are an effective educational tool for autistic children.
- Climate change should be in the focus of sustainable practices in IT sector; IT companies leave a large environmental footprint.
- Emotional intelligence training should be incorporated into both teacher training and curriculum.
- Technology developments affect Indigenous peoples adversely.
- Technological advancements leave a trace on business administration patterns, and business administration of the 21st century is not the one it used to be several decades ago.
- Cyber-security skills are mandatory in the 21st century.
- Technology is an excellent PR tool to restore celebrities’ reputation.
Health and Medicine
- Dieting has become tremendously popular nowadays and many well-known truths about healthy nutrition are now marketed as secrets of perfect body.
- Population does not benefit from medications’ advertising, which leads only to greater revenues of pharmaceutical companies without improving the general public health.
- Canadian healthcare system is better than American.
- Family genetics and health history affect a person’s health more than upbringing and environment.
- Counter to common prejudice against fats, they are vital nutrients in a healthy diet and should be included into the menu of people on a diet.
- America needs new health and safety policies.
- Medical marijuana should be legalized across the USA.
- Immigrants find it hard to get highly-qualified jobs in countries of their destination, even despite holding higher diploma degrees.
- Young patients have priority in organ allocation.
- Human brain leads people to believe false truths.
- Postpartum depression is a grave disorder that is mostly neglected and undiagnosed, leaving a heavy trace on women’s psychological health.
- Turkey is not interested in joining the EU anymore.
- The Saudi-US partnership is not solely economic; it may numerous regional political implications.
- Increasing participation of voters in the US is possible only through a fundamental voting reform.
- Saudi women should be allowed to drive.
- Impact of global warming has transferred from the environmental domain to politics.
- Quick growth of Muslim population in the USA produces a negative psychological effect on population.
- Global governance associations do not influence states.
Feel free to use these argumentative essay ideas in any assignments, as they are bulletproof guarantees of a decent grade.
Additional Argumentative Essay Ideas
What else to do to make an essay outstanding? Here are some more tips on enhancing the skill and giving you some new tools to succeed in studies:
- Search examples of argumentative essays online. It is better to search among samples on argumentative topic closely related to yours; they will be more informative in terms of structure, content and argument presentation.
- Ask your tutor for clarification on any point that you don’t understand. There’s nothing scary about asking for help or answers. Not doing so poses you under the risk of failing a grade; imagine a situation – you misunderstand the task, formulate wrong argumentative topic, find wrong sources, and as a result – write the wrong paper. Your tutor won’t be happy to see such an assignment, and that will reflect on your grade.
- Scan both the Internet and library. Web is now full of excellent, high-quality materials to use in assignments, but library sources weigh much more in importance – tutors like them. Incorporating library materials into a paper shows that you spent time and effort on the essay. The reward will be a high grade.
- Stress importance of formulating the standpoint that you will prove in the body of an argumentative essay; depending on its quality, overall impression of your paper will form. If argument is too obvious, broad, or narrow, paper’s success is under question. Normal, consistent argumentation can be constructed only based on a concise, narrow, and debatable viewpoint. It will, in turn, be supported by your evidence from authoritative sources, and all in all the paper will sound convincing in such a way.
- Don’t forget to cite all evidence and sources you used. It is ethically vital, as not giving credit to sources you used poses you under the risk of plagiarism accusations, which is always not good and may even result in suspension. Respect others’ ideas and work; you would also not be happy to see someone else giving parts of your work in their essay without indicating you as an original source.
Need Help with Argumentative Essays?
Sometimes you complete an essay without trouble; at other moments, you are stuck searching a great idea, topic and not finding any. What can you do then? It’s necessary to submit papers on time and in compliance with all supervisor instructions; studies are no games, and real world is harsh to unpunctual students. Risk of dropout is too high, and you should not take this risk. Good news is that we have a solution. Our assistance is affordable and timely, and you can always turn to us in the times of trouble.
A wish to study well is fully understandable; we all want to get the most out of what we do at any age. Hence, don’t fall in despair about lateness or absence of ideas, as well as inability to express your point of view in coherent, cohesive writing. We got you covered up. People working in our company are men and women with a passion to writing, able to write any assignment you require. They are good at choosing an argumentative topic, writing excellent content, including original thoughts and materials into it, and making the text understandable even for a child. They can even make a video! It is normal to seek professional help in our society, so don’t worry about negative supervisor feedback or parents’ condemnation – our service is confidential and private. Choose our service and be always content with quality of writing you receive.