- How to Write a Graduation Speech with the Help of 4 Patterns
- How to Write a Graduation Speech: Things to Include in Your Paper
- Read a valuable advice from an expert:
- How to Write a Speech to Present in Front of High School Students: Structure & Requirements
- 2 Extra Patterns Every Spokesman Should Use
- How to Write a Speech for Graduates: 10 Exciting Topic Ideas
"Don't just get involved. Fight for your seat at the table. Better yet, fight for a seat at the head of the table."
President Barack Obama, Barnard (2012)
After having a look at the famous speech by Barack Obama, you may ask how to write a graduation speech. Is it easy? What are some of the best examples? If you want to learn how to write a speech of any type on the specific topic to inspire the target audience, read the ideas, tips, and examples in this article.
In case you are a student or teacher who wants to prepare the best speech ever, but does not possess the required writing skills, please feel free to purchase top-quality content form the online writing service #1!
How to Write a Graduation Speech: Things to Include in Your Paper
"What's the big idea? What's your big idea? What are you willing to spend your moral capital, your intellectual capital, your cash, your sweat equity in pursuing outside of the walls of the University of Pennsylvania? The world is more malleable than you think and it's waiting for you to hammer it into shape."
Bono, University of Pennsylvania (2004)
How to write a graduation speech? The initial thing to think about is what you plan to say to the ex-students, their families, pals, faculty, and the wide public of listeners passing by the high school? Keep in mind modern students share everything they record in different social networks to get their likes & comments. You don’t want to fall in the dirt, do you? If you worry, it is a good, healthy sign.
A commencement speech must contain several integral parts:
- Valuable life advice
- Several words of wisdom
- Lessons learned during the course of high school
- Success stories (minimum 2)
- Ways to be happy
- The most valuable things in life
It is impossible to understand how to write a graduation speech without recalling these factors. Do not sound trivial! Many philosophers have defined happiness in different obvious forms – try to come up with a personal definition of happiness/success/career. Think about the questions you used to ask at the age of 18-20. Response to each of these questions concerning your work experience, skills, knowledge, lessons learned, and life wisdom.
Read a valuable advice from an expert:
“The years passed by, and a traditional shape of commencement speech has been modified in terms of goals, voice, tone, and some other factors. Some old fart is the clue to success. In the beginning, discuss a person who has done many horrible mistakes. Then, give heartfelt recommendations to a group of energetic ex-students, stressing how wonderful their higher education, career, and private life should be.”
George Saunders, Bestselling Author
How to Write a Speech to Present in Front of High School Students: Structure & Requirements
There is no way to realize how to write a speech of any type without following the traditional requirements & structure. It is difficult to define the structure of speech. Unlike the typical essay, a public speech may have several different patterns depending on the time dedicated to the performance and topic. After analyzing the top commencement speeches, the experts offered 4 patterns to consider. How to write a persuasive speech for graduates using four patterns?
- Illustrate every life-teaching story from personal experience with examples – choose 2-5 topics to support with the examples. You do not have to be a world’s known artists or successful CEO. The person who knows how to write a graduation speech better than others is Mark Lewis, a professor at the University of Texas.
“Let me share 3 interesting stories with the audience. Each of them contributes to the art of being successful in every life aspect, and I hope you will recall these lessons further in your life.”
Every person can be a great storyteller if he/she is sincere and tells something about things this person is expert in. Avoid describing fields that do not relate to your area of competence. Do not come up with the stories and avoid lying to the audience – they will feel whether you are talking sincerely or not.
- How to write a funny graduation speech? Illustrating your topics with jokes and supporting them with funny short stories from personal experience should wake up any audience. If you notice the audience starts yawning, hurry up to switch to the more interesting topic like funny storytelling. The option is great if you find it hard to narrow the topic. Try to find a happy mean between personal stories and anecdotes.
2 Extra Patterns Every Spokesman Should Use
“Game of Thrones” start Peter Dinklage used to share his path to turning a world-recognized artist in the 2012 commencement convention at Bennington College.
If your personal success story is dull, do not mind it. If your personal success story is full of shocking events, unpredictable plot rotation, humor/anecdotes, and valuable life lessons, do not hesitate to include an autobiographical story in your speech. It is one more good answer to the question, “How to write a speech?”
- Autobiographical story
The strategy makes the spokesperson closer to the audience. It’s like sharing the secrets with the best friend. In the shape of mini-memoir, tell the listeners the path you have taken to become who you are today and explain how the education has helped in this quest. Do not hurry up with the lessons – they should appear in conclusion. Try to make it a creative narrative. There is no need to prepare a text/voiceover to support such type of storytelling – the author can recall the episodes from his memory.
- A Single Theme with Several Personal References
The last answer to the question, “how to write a graduation speech,” might be a single topic with a few personal references. It is the most difficult challenge. You should prepare a narrative on a general topic like the importance of information technologies in the modern world, discuss how it has helped with your professional career, and stress the importance of different related subjects in the learning process. Use both scientific evidence and personal examples.
How to Write a Speech for Graduates: 10 Exciting Topic Ideas
No matter whether your goal is to find how to write a 5th grade graduation speech or get ready with the topic for high school graduates, we have collected 10 best ideas. Choose one or more topics from our list!
- The Past Events Shape Everyone
- The Golden Rule (Do Unto Others)
- Creating a Personal Life Philosophy
- Getting Inspired by the Example of Favorite Artist
- Building One’s Future on Personal Mistakes
- Setting Challenges to Succeed
How Important Is It to Set Purposes?
- Why Should Everyone Take Responsibility for Their Actions?
- The Benefits of Lifelong Learning
- Honor The Past & Embrace The Future
To understand how to write a speech on any topic, it is important to view different examples. Trying to remember the structure by heart is useless – improvise! Another way to prepare the most exciting & memorable text is to place an order with the leading writing + editing service established by the experienced academic company!